Wednesday 14th November 2018
10.00 - Golf day starts
20.00 - Informal networking and prize giving dinner
Thursday 15th November 2018
08.30 - Registration; coffee and exhibition viewing
09.15 - Conference opens - Simon Jack
09.20 - Welcome - Glenn Roberts, CESA Chairman
09.30 - Economic update - Simon Jack
Simon is the BBC’s business editor and has interviewed some of the biggest names in UK and international commerce, covered key events in business and the markets, and analysed the implications of policy and government giving him an insight into the UK and global economy few can rival.
10.00 - The future of UK Hospitality - Tony Sophoclides is Strategic Affairs Director for UKHospitality
Following the merger last year of British Hospitality Association and the Association of Licensced Multiple Retailers, UK Hospitality will set out the plans for the new joint organisation and the part CESA members can play within it.
10.30 - The Fuller's Story - Paul Dickinson, Director of Food, Fuller’s Brewery
Paul will present the story of the Fuller’s Brewery, focusing on their food offering and how it has developed over the years. The session will include a live link to the Fuller’s training kitchen, based at Thames Valley University, highlighting the importance Fuller’s place on training and development, both of personnel and their menus.
11.00 - Networking and coffee break
11.30 - Titans of industry session panel discussion
Hear from three of the most influential industry leaders in catering equipment manufacturing as they discuss how to keep up with the latest industry trends, developing equipment and services to suit industry needs, and how they manage mergers and acquisitions across their growing portfolios in the ever-changing global markets. Following the discussion you will have your opportunity to pose your questions to the panel.
- Klaus Goeldenbot, Group Chief Executive, Nisbets
- Steve Snower, CEO, Parts Town
- Alberto Zanata, CEO of Professional Products and Executive Vice President of AB Electrolux
With thanks to Mike Jones and Stuart Charlton of Foodservice Consultant magazine for their assistance with the Titans of Industry session; and for the use of the name which is used in the magazine to keep the industry up to date with the developments and opinions of the world’s leaders in foodservice.
13.00 - Lunch, coffee and exhibition viewing
14.00 - CFSP presentations followed by Order of Merit presentations recognising the voluntary contributors within foodservice Associations in both the public and profit sectors.
14.15 - Industry headlines: bitesize sessions
- Food trends update – Chris Hayward, Head of UK Business Development, Kantar Worldpanel and Stewart Sims,Managing Director,Caterlyst Ltd; Chris and Stewart will update delegates on the upcoming food trends and the potential impact on catering equipment and delivery solutions
- The Increased Importance of EFCEM – Phil Williams, Victor Manufacturing
- Deal or No Deal? The Brexit Effect; counting down to March 2019 – Keith Warren, CESA; Keith will update members on how Brexit may affect manufacturers in terms of standards and existing legislation in the immediate term after March 2019
- A Fresh Start - Ross Carter, Fresh Montgomery; Ross will update delegates on Fresh Montgomery’s plans to develop their flagship exhibitions
15.15 - Coffee and exhibition viewing
15.45 - Keynote address - The Rt Hon the Lord Winston of Hammersmith
Widely regarded as our pre-eminent expert in reproductive medicine, Lord Winston is Professor of Science and Society and Emeritus Professor of Fertility Studies at Imperial College. In the field of politics, he sits on the Labour benches and speaks regularly in the House of Lords, particularly on science, education, medical ethics and the arts. He is chairman of the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology. In his engaging presentations, Lord Winston explains how the human mind is expanding exponentially and advocates greater trust in scientists, in everything from food scares to climate prediction.
16.30 - CESA Annual General Meeting
17.00 - Conference closes
19.00 - Gala Awards Dinner
NB: Timings and content subject to change